I’m Nick Brown (nb), a .net web developer based in South Wales, UK.
I’ve been actively developing since 2002 in some form or another. Even winning a Microsoft MVP award.
I’m also in the process of becoming a pilot (PPL)
Cloud Services Engineer at Cardiff University
In my Current job I’m developing Microsoft Sharepoint, Teams and PowerAutomate Addins specifically for Cardiff University
- 1 April 2016–1 August 2019
- Business Manager • Crickhowell High School
- 1 September 2014–31 March 2016
- IT Manager • Crickhowell High School
- 1 September 2008–31 August 2014
- IT Technician • Crickhowell High School
I developed Home Access Plus+ amongst other things whilst at CHS
- Expanded the computer network from 100 pcs to over 500 devices. Implemented an Office 365 infrastructure.
- Migrated from on premises Exchange installation to Office 365.
- Migration from an RM Network to a Vanilla Windows Network.
- Installation and management of System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Installation of Azure Backup Servers and Symantec Backup Exec
- Active Directory Federated Services installation including Azure Multifactor Authentication configuration.
- Migration from on premises ISDN telephony system to Office 365 Skype for Business system.
- Sharepoint and Onedrive Implementation and Migration
- Implementation of Microsoft Teams (utilizing School Data Sync)
- Installation and Management of a SQL Server infrastructure.
- Installation and Management of a Windows Active Directory Network including Group Policy, DHCP, DNS and File Servers.
- Configuration and Management of a Smoothwall Firewall including Link Aggregation
- Installation and Configuration of a Brocade, Cisco and HP switches
- Commissioning of new network switches and cabling runs.
- Commissioning and installation of new server hardware.
- Installation of 60 Analog and IP based CCTV cameras and DVRs.
- Project Management of IT and infrastructure projects
- Data Protection Officer duties including GDPR compliance
- Management of the school budget in collaboration with the Headteacher and Senior Staff.
- Managing Finance and Procurement processes
- Conducting Tendering Processes in both equipment and contracts.
- Management of Caretakers, Technicians and other officers who I line manage.
- Writing school timetables.
- Managing Health and Safety in a delegated capacity.
- Ensuring implantation of H&S and compliance recommendations.
- Conduct recruitments and ensuring compliance with organisational policies.
- Developed Home Access Plus+ during early career.